A medium size fast-growing Telecom Company, which is part of the group with international operations, is now searching for candidate for the position of Chief Accountant.
At this position you will ensure Financial, Tax, Payroll & Accounting records to be in compliance with local legislation and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Book keeping and financial accounting
- Supervise accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions
- Preparation of the full package of the financial statements
- Management payments and banking accounts
- Ensure compliance with local tax and accounting regulations
- Preparation of full set of transformation adjustments from local accounting to IFRS
- Control of fixed assets register, leased assets, inventory
- Payroll on monthly basis (staff number – approx. 30 employees)
- Preparation and filling all VAT, Corporation and Payroll Tax returns
- Preparation of analytical reviews of financial statements
- Prepare of management accounts and reports for Group reporting purposes (P&L, Balance sheet, Cash flow statement, Fixes assets movements)Communication with Group accountant external auditor, preparation of annual reports
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by management
Qualification & Experience
- A degree in Accounting
- Relevant accounting experience (preferably in multi-national company)
- Must have solid experience on mentioned above accounting activities and managing reporting
- CPA/ ACCA would be a big advantage
- Sound knowledge of local reporting requirements and IFRS
- Must have knowledge of current law of tax
- Knowledge of Microsoft office with advanced Excel skills
- Good command of spoken and written English as well as Russian is an advantage
- Latvian language - advanced
- Strong organizational skills, time management, analytic skills, attention to details
- Work in a stable international company.
- Work schedule mon-Fri (40 hour working week).
- Salary is discussed with candidates individually.
Working hours: Monday – Friday: 08:30 till 17:30
Office location: A. Deglava str. 73, LV-1082 Riga